Domestic Council For Gold
Why in news?
- The Centre has decided to set up a Domestic Council for Gold to aid exports of jewelry.
Domestic Council for Gold:
- The Centre is setting up a Domestic Council for Gold which will aim at the following:
- To aid exports of jewellery
- To create an ecosystem to harness the true potential for jewellery-making in the country
- Towards industry development
- Job creation
- Building of regional clusters
- Strengthening of value chains
- This council will represent all the jewellers of India who will be the Electoral College.
- They will form different interest groups and elect those who will sit in the council.
- Every village has a jeweller who makes handmade and custom-made jewellery.
- These artisans will be helped by jewellery designers to come out with products with better value, which will be ultimately exported by big companies.