The increasing dependence of people and Government across the Globe over Information Technology, has also led to rising threats to Cyber security through Cyber crimes, cyber attacks and cyber wars.
Since all the strategically important departments and locations have been connected with the internet and information technology, the miscreants have started attacking National Security through Cyber attacks on these important locations
- “Cyber Attack is also a cyber crime which can also be called a Computer Network Attack (CNA) is an attack from one computer to another using a network deliberately to alter, disrupt, deny, degrade, or destroy the data hosted in the attacked system or network.
- It does done by producing a malicious code which is directed against a computer processing code or logic.
- These attacks are made in a way to steal the relevant information without leaving back any traces of intrusion.”
Cyber Attack involve following online activities:
- Denial of Services
- Exploit Tools
- Logic Bombs
- Password Sniffing
- Phishing Attacks
- Virus Attacks
- Spyware Attacks
- Malware Attacks
- Trojan Attacks
- Breach of Access
- Website Defacement
- Instant Messaging Abuse
- Cyber Attacks are cheaper, more convenient, and less risky than physical attacks: they require few expenses beyond a computer and an Internet connection, they are unconstrained by geography and distance, they are not physically dangerous for the attacker, and it is more difficult to identify and prosecute the culprits of a Cyber Attack.
- Furthermore, cyber attacks are easy to replicate. Once a single attacker writes a malicious program, several other people in any part of the world can reuse this program to attack other systems.
- The virtual and physical distance between the attacker and the victim and the difficulty in tracing back the attack to an individual minimizes the inherent threat of capture to the attacker.
ALSO READ : https://www.brainyias.com/quantum-computing/