Q.How much compensation will be paid?
Q.What is the consent issue?
Q.What is the public purpose?
Q.What will be the role of the state governments?
Q.WHAT IS THE NEED OF A BILL RELATED TO LAND-ACQUISITION,REHABILITATION AND RESETTLEMENT?
– BASICALLY, land is required to carry out any economic activity e.g setting up of an industry or laying down of mottled roads etc.
– Whenever the land is acquired there incepts the problems with regard to the following issues
– (a)compensation- to the person whose land is acquired
– (b) rehabilitation- many people lose their dwellings and source of income
– (c) resettlement- the new area in which the people have to be adjusted.
– To take care of the above issues land bill has been passed which will provide the provisions according to which the compensation will be paid. resettlement will be done and rehabilitation will be done.
The Bill, which replaces the Land Acquisition Act, 1894, set out clearly the compensation to be paid for land acquired for infrastructure projects and for industry.
Q.HOW MUCH COMPENSATION WILL BE PAID?
-In rural areas will be four times the market rate
-In urban areas it will be twice the market rate.
Q.WHAT IS THE CONSENT ISSUE?
Besides, developers are required to get the consent of up to 80 per cent of people whose land is acquired for private projects, and 70 per cent of people for public-private partnership (PPP) projects.
Q.WHAT IS THE PUBLIC PURPOSE?
AS per the bill public purpose includes mining,infrastructure,defence,manufacturing,roads,railways,and ports built by the government and public sector enterprises.
Q.WHAT WILL BE THE ROLE OF THE STATE GOVERNMENTS?
The state governments can enhance the limit of the basic standards that has been laid by the land bill in case of giving compensation and taking consent from the people for acquisition of the land.